Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup


I have to admit I LOVE slow cooker recipes. I love to use my slow cooker in the summer, anything to keep from having to use the stove or oven. My family all love tortilla soup. When I found one for the crock-pot, how could i resist? So simple and yummy.

1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp dried minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
1 carton (32oz) chicken soup
4 corn tortillas (6 inch) cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup cilantro
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream- if desired


Spray 3 1/2 - 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix up all the ingredients except the last 3. Cover; cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Stir in Cilantro. Increase setting to high. Cover; cook 15 minutes longer. Garnish with cheese and sour cream.

No comments: