Monday, August 27, 2012

Food Around the World: Jamaican Style Chicken



I made this for last weeks Food Around the World post, but forgot to post. Oops. I found this recipe at food.com. This is my other favorite recipe site. Lots of good stuff on there. I was trying to find a Jamaican recipe, came across this one, I had almost everything for it. So I made it. And it was AMAZING. Best chicken I have had in awhile. Would be good on top of a salad or over rice as well. I got thumbs up from everyone..

6 pieces chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1 tbsp onions, finely chopped
3 tbsp light brown sugar
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp orange juice, frozen concentrate, undiluted
2 tsp thyme
3 tsp rosemary
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tbsp jalapeno, finely chopped

Combine all ingredients, except chicken in a bag. Mix well. Add in chicken, rub it all together. Lay flat and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours or over night. Turn bag over every few hours if possible.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9x13 pan. Place chicken in a single layer, pouring remaining sauce over the chicken, bake uncovered 30 to 45 minutes or until done.




No comments: