Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tex-Mex Beef Wraps



I bought this cookbook, crock pot busy family recipes, at Kohl's for $5, its for the Kohl's Care. It has lots of recipes I will be making. Last week I couldn't decide on what I wanted to make new. So I handed my husband this book and he flipped through it and found this one in a few minutes. Since it looked really good, I said ok. I'm so glad I made it. It was tender and juicy and full of flavor. Both my kids loved it. My daughter had 3.


1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1  2 1/2-3 lbs boneless beef chuck pot roast, cut into 4 pieces
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup salsa, divided
12 6-7 inch flour or corn tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
1 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 ripe avocado, diced

Combine chili powder, cumin, salt and red pepper in a small bowl. Rub it all over the meat. Place onion and garlic at the bottom of the crock-pot; top with meat. Spoon 1/2 cup salsa over meat. Cover; cook on low 8-9 hours or high 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours. Remove meat from crock-pot. Shred meat with 2 forks. Skim off and discard fat from cooking liquid; return meat to juices and mix well. Serve meat on tortillas with cheese, tomato, cilantro and avocado. Serve with remaining Salsa..

No comments: