Saturday, September 8, 2012

Orange Teriyaki Chicken



This recipe came out of the Gooseberry Patch, slow-cooker recipes. Its my mom's. I just happen to see it and look through it and almost all the recipes I want to make. So expect more from this book. I loved this one I made tonight. Simple and Delicious. So much flavor. Chicken was so tender it just fell apart. Both kids loved the chicken, neither ate the rice lol. This is something I will have to for sure make again.

1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 green onions, slices and divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup orange marmalade
2 tbsp cornstarch
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
cooked rice
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped

Mix broth, sauce, 1/4 onion, garlic, marmalade and cornstarch in a slow-cooker. Ass chicken; turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours. Serve over rice, garnish with walnuts and remaining green onions.

No comments: