Monday, August 6, 2012

Teryaki Turkey Burgers


I made these awhile back. Just remembering about it. Oops. But I do remember they where good and real simple to make. I was having a craving for them to, think I will just have to make again :) I found this recipe from the Taste Of Home website. 



My husband grilling them for me. 
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
  • 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted, I used the Hawaiian buns
  • In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onions, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and onion powder. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in. thick patties.
  • Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Brush with remaining teriyaki sauce during the last 5 minutes.
  • Grill or broil pineapple slices for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve burgers and pineapple on buns.


No comments: