Thursday, October 29, 2009

Butter Cookies


Well today I decied to make cookies. Since Halloween is coming up thought I would make some Halloween cut out cookies. Samantha sure did have fun decoration them with me. I was going to make the Paula Deen sugar cookies, but my mom remined me about this recipe. This recipe came from my great grandma (my mom's grandma) So I made this one. The only thing I did different was I added 1 cup of finely chopped walnuts.

3 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, add in the egg, milk and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients, gradually. If desired, chill dough for a hour. Roll out on a floured surface, half at a time to a 1/8" thickness. Cut into shapes. Place on to a ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with plain or colored sugar. Bake at 400 degree's for 5-8 minutes



some cookies Sam made

some cookies I did

Austin eating a cookies his sister decorated for him



Sam decorating a cookie

Sam helping me out





No comments: