Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cabbage Casserole

I had a, almost full, head of cabbage I needed to get used up. I happen to find this recipe online on the Taste of Homes website. I only had to buy 2 things for it since I had the Velveeta to use up to and I just happened to have just enough. Can you say it was ment to be :). My kids really didn't eat it. But I thought it was really good. Very cheesy. It all mixed together so well. It was very simple to make as well.



  • 1 large head cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 6 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs

Cook cabbage in boiling water until tender; drain thoroughly. In a large skillet, saute onion in 5 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in soup. Add cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cabbage, salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Cook and stir crumbs in butter until lightly browned; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments: