Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

This is another one of my husband's favorite dishes of mine. I haven't made it in awhile, so I thought it was about time.. This was my first time using fresh broccoli, I am so glad I used fresh, much better than frozen. I like to serve it with some French bread or garlic bread and a salad.

1 tbsp oil
1 pound chicken breast or tenders- diced into bite size
1 head of broccoli- chopped, can use frozen too
1 box penne pasta
1 jar Alfredo sauce- any of your fav. we used roasted Parmesan by Ragu

In a large skillet add oil and diced chicken, cook until no longer pink and starting to brown. Add broccoli and cook about 5 - 10 mins, until desired tenderness. In a pot heat water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions on box. Once done add to chicken. Add sauce and mix, heat through and serve.

No comments: