Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mexican Chicken Chili

I got this recipe out of the new taste of homes mag. the March/April 2010 issue. The chicken came out so tender. I made on the night we went out to the drive in. I served it with corn bread. My son ate most of his, but my daughter is getting picky these days and didn't eat it. My husband had 2 bowls.

1lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 tbsp. canola oil
2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups frozen corn
1 can (14.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
1 can (4oz) chopped green chili's
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the chicken is no longer pink.

No comments: