Saturday, November 28, 2009

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. This year it was just the 4 of us. But this turkey I made last year. It turned out so good last year I decided to make it again this year. My husband gives it 2 thumbs up.. I forget were I got the recipe from, but I do remember IK was watching food network.

1 whole turkey
1 lemon, quartered
1 orange, quartered
sage
thyme
basil
olive oil
rosemary
1 onion, sliced

After you take the guts and neck out of the turkey. Rinse and pat dry. Stuff the turkey with half the limon and half the orange, along with the baisl. Peal the skin off the meat, Leave attached, just need to make a pocket. Insert under the skin with the roswemary, thyme and sage. Rub the outside of the turkey with the olive oil. Place turkey in a roasting pan. Place the sliceds onion on the bottom of the pan and place turkey on top of onion. Cook the turkey based on the direction on the package. Bast every half hour..




2 comments:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

A nice way to make turkey.

kelly said...

It gives the turkey a great flavor too. I've made the turkey this way for the last 2 years..