Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Creamy Red Potato Salad




This is in the June/July 2012 issue of Taste of Home. I made it this past Memorial day. We had a little BBQ at my mom's. I have my normal, go to potato salad, but decided to try this one. It was delish. Big hit. Everyone loved it. Wasn't very hard either. Now I can say I have 2 different go to potato salad recipes.

2 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slice

Vinaigrette
2/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Salad
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup sour cream
2 cups sliced radishes (I left out since no one in my family likes them)
2/3 cups thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup minced parsley
4 hard cooked eggs, chopped

Place potatoes into a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.

Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.

In a small bowl, combine mayo and sour cream; stir in radishes, onions and parsley. Add to potatoes; mix gently. Top with eggs. Chill until ready to serve.


No comments: